Guardianship is often maligned in the media, but this legal arrangement offers an important safeguard for older adults who would otherwise be vulnerable. Our Founder, Shannon Butler, recently co-authored an article discussing what good guardianship can and should look like. View the article here.
NGA at the ALCA Annual Conference
Our founder and primary service provider, Shannon Butler, was down in sunny Orlando last weekend to represent the NGA at the ALCA Annual Conference! It was great to share the work being done by the NGA and a wonderful opportunity to learn more about the others working to care for and support our aging population.
Thank you to everyone who stopped by to chat and thank you for sharing your expertise as well! Together, we can advocate for and provide a better quality of life to people of all ages and needs.
To learn more about the Aging Life Care Association, visit their website.
CGC Celebrates 25 Years!
“It is an honor to have helped certify numerous guardians over our 25 year stretch. Not only does CGC recognize the importance of guardianship certification, we encourage certificants to elevate the industry by helping us spread the word about the benefits of certification.”
–Denise Calabrese, CAE, Executive Director
As a former President of CGC, current board member, and National Master Guardian Program Chairperson, I am proud of the work this organization does. I believe it is our responsibility as guardians to be trustworthy, knowledgeable, and provide the highest quality services to our clients. Click here to view some of the many benefits of becoming and qualities of a Certified Guardian.
“Dignity of Risk” with the Center for Guardianship Excellence
Our founder, Shannon Butler, shared her experience and knowledge with the Center for Guardianship Excellence as part of their Guardianship Rounds series. The topic: Dignity of Risk.
From the Center for Guardianship Excellence:
“Thank you to everyone who joined us yesterday for our Rounds session with Certified Master Guardian Shannon Butler of Ethical Solutions in Minnesota, and for engaging in a great conversation about “dignity of risk.”
Ms. Butler shared a story about her former client “David” who wished to remain in the community even though it was thought that a group home placement would be best for him. He had been kicked out of several group homes in the past as he had a history of difficulty getting along with others, and had also been banned from many resources such as public transportation, medical providers, and other local businesses due to his erratic behavior and also suffered from several medical challenges. Shannon’s hands-on approach and really getting to know her client’s personal history paid huge dividends in helping him get the resources in place to remain in the community in his own apartment.”
You can join their email list to stay updated on upcoming support groups, networking events, and educational opportunities.
Happy Thanksgiving from Ethical Solutions!
Ethical Solutions LLC has so much to be thankful for this year! New opportunities, a freshly painted home office, and helpful tech support who are helping us develop secure and HIPAA compliant software. Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving!
NGA 2020 Virtual Conference
The National Guardianship Association held their 2020 National Conference on Guardianship this week, sharing educational and interactive sessions with NGA members. Ethical Solution’s founder, Shannon Butler, attended the virtual conference from her home office.
This year had diverse sessions, including topics like Dementia, Investments as a Fiduciary, Technology Tools, Asset Management, and Supported Decision Making. As always, the NGA Conference was a great opportunity to network and meet with professional guardians from all over the U.S. and to review and apply ethical standards of professional guardianship practice. It’s just one of the ways Ethical Solutions continues to pursue guardianship excellence practice and education!
For more information on NGA and their work, check out their website: https://www.guardianship.org
Top 10 Reasons to Choose Ethical Solutions
- The founder, Shannon Butler, is currently the only Nationally Certified Master Guardian in the state of Minnesota.
- She has over 25 years of experience working in the human service field, including working as a behavior analyst, guardian ad litem and legal guardian/conservator.
- She is a member of several professional organizations including the National Guardianship Association (NGA), Minnesota Association of Guardians & Conservators (MAGiC), to ensure that she is up to date and informed of any legislative changes and providing services that adhere to current standards. She is also a current board member of NGA and the Center for Guardianship Certification, and a former board member of MAGiC.
- Ethical Solutions utilizes many professional guardianship tools and resources to assist in making decisions, including the use of ethics boards when appropriate.
- Ethical Solutions develops an individualized plan for each client to ensure that decisions are based on a client’s needs, goals, and preferences, while taking into account the client’s well-being and safety.
- Ethical Solutions is founded with a passion for service based on respect, understanding, and compassion. It is built with integrity and ethical principles which incorporate a least restrictive model. We measure our success by our client’s success, with a goal of working towards client independence from a need for services.
- Ethical Solutions meets clients where they are and works to develop a trusting, supportive relationship to assist clients in reaching their goals.
- Ethical Solutions provides 24/7 emergency coverage.
- All Ethical Solutions clients are seen in person a minimum of monthly, with follow up communication provided to all team members in a clear, transparent manner.
- Ethical Solutions provides free initial case consultation as well as training and education regarding our services upon request.